Frequently Asked Questions for Associates
1. How does the screening process work?
Once we have received your resume through our website, one of our staffing specialists will contact you to fill out an application and set up an interview. During your interview, we will assess your skills and job history, and help determine the best types of jobs for you. You will also be required to complete a skills assessment test.
2. What do I need for the in-person interview?
Bring your resume, a list of professional references, and two forms of ID. Acceptable forms include a driver’s license, social security card, birth certificate, or passport.
3. Are there any fees for your services?
No, we do NOT charge fees to candidates applying for a job. Fees are paid by our clients.
4. How soon can I start working once I am in your system?
It all depends on the availability of suitable jobs and if there’s an adequate match. We want to make sure we place our candidates in positions that are a good fit for them and that will meet their professional needs.
5. Where are you located? What are your hours of operation?
We are located at 17606 Chatsworth Street, Granada Hills, CA 91344. Our office is open Monday through Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. Our main line, (818) 360-9660, works 24 hours a day, 7 days a week in case of an emergency.
6. What are the requirements to become an employee?
Candidates must have a consistent work history, preferably at least 2 years of work experience, good professional references and the right to work in the United States.
7. In what type of industries you find work?
We help candidates in the areas of accounting/finance, information technology, engineering, manufacturing, science/biotech, healthcare, office support, and light industrial work.
8. Do you need an appointment?
Yes, the candidate needs to call our office to set an appointment.
9. How long does the whole registration process take?
The registration process takes about 1 ½ hours.
10. How does a candidate make themselves available for work?
We suggest calling once a week to make yourself available for work.
11. What do I do on an assignment in case of any of the following happens: late arrival, early dismissal, missed day, getting lost?
Contact California Temp Services immediately. Call our office and leave a message if necessary.
12. What if the work duties are different than explained?
Contact us by phone and address your concern.
13. What if there are issues at work?
Contact us immediately. All communication regarding issues on the job or other related matters should be brought to the attention of California Temp Services, not to the client contact. We are your employer.
14. When is my timecard due?
Timecards must be received by Monday no later than 4:00 p.m. Please make sure that it is signed by you and your immediate supervisor. If your timecard is not received by 4pm on Monday, California Temp Services does not guarantee a paycheck on that Friday.
15. Paychecks — When do we get paid?
Paychecks are issued weekly, every Friday. Our work week starts on Monday and ends on Sunday. Friday is payday for hours worked the previous week. Payroll is processed on a weekly basis upon the timely receipt of your signed and completed timesheet. You can pick up your paycheck on Friday or we can mail it to you, but make sure you call us by Wednesday afternoon to send it by mail. You can also request that someone besides yourself pick up your paycheck with prior permission or written notice. The assigned person must have a valid form of ID.